Catholicism: The Pivotal Players.
The latest series from Bishop Barron’s CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players is a multi-part film series that illumines a handful of saints, artists, mystics, and scholars who not only shaped the life of the Church but changed the course of civilization. Through this study you will look at such greats as St. Francis, St. Thomas Aquinas, Blessed John Neuman, St. Catherine of Sienna, GK Chesterton and Michelangelo. Through video presentation and group discussion the hope is to gain insight and direction into our own walk in faith. This class will begin Tuesday, September 19th. The sessions will begin at 10am in the Library of the Parish Center. Registration is required and can be done by calling the Religious Education Office at 734-464-4435 or by emailing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a cost of $25 for those who wish to purchase the accompanying workbook.
Fall Adult Education Series
Please stay tuned. Topic is yet to be determined.
St. Colette has much to offer in this area. While all three studies have come to the end of their work for this year, each will get started once again in the fall. These bible studies, each run independent of the other, meet:
- Tuesday, From 7:15-8:30pm in the Room C of the Activity Center. This study is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus and promises to be an exciting year of study as they look into 1st & 2nd Samuel. Class will begin Tuesday, September 12 at 7:15pm in Room C of the Parish Activities Building. All are welcomed.
- Wednesday, 10am-11:30am in the Library of the Activity Center. This study will resume Wednesday morning on September 13th. Our course of study for 2017-18 will be to explore themes of faith and how we are called to live it in this modern world by exploring some of the Letter’s St. Paul wrote while in prison. This study meets in the Library of the Parish Office Building.
- Wednesday, 7-8:30pm in Room D of the Activity Center. This Bible study resume September 13th and will continue taking on one of Bishop Barron’s video series: “Catholicism: The Pivotal Players. This study will explore the teachings of major saints of both old and today. The cost is $25 for the participant’s book (if you were not a part of last spring’s study) This study meets in the Library of the Parish Office Building.
- Adults who have never been baptized and wish to be.
- Adults who have been baptized in another Christian denomination but wish to become Catholic.
- Adults who have been baptized Catholic but never truly lived a life of faith or were confirmed.
- Children over the age of 7 years who have never been baptized.
Most sessions will take place on Monday evenings in the Activities Center Library, although special arrangements can be made for special circumstances. Please call the Religious Education Office at (734) 464-4435 for more information or to register.