Confirmation Handouts and Paper Work for 2017 Class
- Calendar Check List
- Who can be a Confirmation Sponsor
- Confirmation Sponsor Worksheet
- Choosing Confirmation Name & Worksheet
- Letter of Intent
- Candidate Sponsor Mass Sheet
- Gift of Service Information
- Service Form 1
- Service Form 2
- Prayer Information
- Prayer Journal
- Prayer Form
- Reconciliation worksheet
- Jr. High Youth Group Flyer
IMPORTANT Confirmation DATES:
Confirmation Class of 2018 (This fall’s 9th Graders)
- Confirmation Rehearsal: November 4, 2018 at 1:30 pm in the Church. For BOTH Student and Sponsor
- Confirmation Celebration: November 8, 2018 at 7pm in the Church. Bishop Hanchon will be our main celebrant.
Confirmation Class of 2019 (This fall’s 8th Graders)
- Retreat: February 24, 2019
- 9:30 am Check in at the Church
- 10 am Mass WITH PARENT OR SPONSOR
- 11 am Retreat begins in Activity Center, Students Only
- 3:30 pm Pick-up
- Final Meeting, Fall, 2019 TBA
- Rehearsal, Fall, 2019 TBA
- Mass of Confirmation, Fall, 2019, TBA
JUNIOR HIGH YOUTH GROUP
Inviting all 7th and 8th grade students!!!!
Come be a part of an exciting new adventure as St. Colette continues our youth group just for 7th and 8th graders! Each meeting will be different; combining fellowship, faith, service and fun! Friends are welcome! We meet in the Youth Center from 6-8pm, see below for upcoming meeting dates.
Meetings are on Thursdays in the Youth Center of the Parish Offices Building, beginning at 6pm with Dinner.
2018-2019 Meetings: **Sept. 20 **Oct. 18 **Nov. 15 **Dec. 20 **Jan. 17 **Feb. 21 **Mar. 21 **Apr. 25 **May16
St. Colette has joined together with other Catholic Parishes in our Vicariate to provide a monthly event for those students in 7th-8th grade. Past events have included hayrides and corn mazes in the fall, an Advent Service project or Las Posadas celebrations in December, Cosmic Bowling, movie outings, laser tag and much more! Whether your Junior High students are in our traditional Religious Education program, SCAP, homeschooled or enrolled in Catholic School—ALL are welcome for one or all the events. As part of our ongoing evangelization, we encourage our young people to bring friends with them, even if they aren’t Catholic. Many young people aren’t comfortable attending an event without a friend, so friends are always welcome, as long as they are respectful of prayer times.
2018-2019 Calendar of Events
- Oct. 12 – Hayride at Three Cedars
- Nov. 3 – WIND Conference
- Nov. 11 – SHINE Conference
- Dec. 1 – Las Posadas Event
- Jan. 25 – Cosmic Bowling
- Feb. 2-3 – Souper Bowl of Caring
- Mar. 16 – Kids against Hunger – permission slip can be printed here
- Apr. 12 – Knockerball
- June – possible joint Tiger Game with Senior High
- July – possible Junior High service/mission trip
Confirmation Service Opportunities
We offer the chance for Jr. Highers to participate in some of our Senior High Youth Group service events to help earn their Confirmation Service hours. Teens can sign up here.
Jr. High Youth Group Coordinator – Mary Jo Parnell – 734-837-4426