For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church’s way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.
Infant Baptisms are offered the third Saturday of each month (except during Lent).
Please register your child for Baptism by calling the Parish Office during business hours.
If this is your FIRST CHILD being baptized parents must attended a two hour workshop which can be scheduled by contacting Theresa Lisiecki, our Director of Religious Education, at 734-464-4435 or email@example.com. Classes MUST BE SCHEDULED at least TWO MONTHS before baptism.
If your are interested in Baptism for yourself, as an adult, or for an older child please contact Theresa at the above number or email address for more information or click here.
Registration has begun for those children who are in 2nd grade or older and have had one complete year of Religious Education classes. You can register your child or for more information by contacting the Religious Education office at 734-464-4435 or by email at www.stcolette.net.
Calendar DATES for First Communion Preparation 2018-19
There will be three meetings that are mandatory before the celebration can be scheduled. If, for whatever reason the family does not participate in any one or all of these meetings it MUST be made up before the child will be allow to participate in the sacramental celebration.
Meetings are scheduled for 2018-19:
- Meeting #1: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 6:45-7:45 in the Activities Building. For both a Parent and Student
- Meeting #2: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 6:45-7:45 in Activities Building. For both a Parent and Student
- Retreat: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 5:45-7:45 in the Activities Building. For Student and Parent
Celebration of First Eucharist 2019
- To Be Announced.
First Reconciliation/Confession 2018/19:
The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance) has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration. In it we find God’s unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others. Calendar DATES for First Reconciliation are below.
Meetings scheduled for 2018-19
- Meeting #1: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 6:45-7:45 p.m. in the Activities Building for both Parent and Student.
- Meeting #2: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 6:45-7:45 p.m. in Activities Building for both Parent and Student.
- Rehearsal: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:45-7:45 p.m. in the Church for both Parent and Student.
Celebration of the Sacrament Reconciliation is Saturday January 26, 2019 in the church at 1:15 p.m.
Confirmation is a Catholic Sacrament of mature Christian commitment and a deepening of baptismal gifts. It is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation for Catholics. It is most often associated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Confirmation is typically conferred in the late fall. Please click here to link to information regarding our present program.
- If you are an adult who has never been Confirmed, please contact Theresa Lisiecki, our Director of Religious Education at 734-464-4435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.